Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Thursday, January 5, 2012

Change 4 Change Jar

So one of my little projects this year is

I have been wanting to do one for a long time and finally decided to put my new theme to good use.
I contacted Ashley who runs The Shine Project to get the go ahead to do it here in Australia and she was more than happy to have the help.

If you don't know about The Shine Project then please head over to her blog and check it out!
Essentially it is all about helping students from a particular high school to be able to get partial scholarships towards college. What better way to put lose change to use than helping someone get a higher education.

So as of today, I have officially started my Change 4 Change jar.


My first few coins are already in there...


I may not earn a lot of money but I can put my change towards a change in someone else's life.
Once this baby has $100 I will send it off to Ashley to be added to the next lot of scholarship funds.

So if you ever stop by my house and see this jar, you too can make a change and add your change.

5 comments:

Lotti said...

I agree that's a cool project .... good on you. I guess you could do that for anything you wanted to donate the money to. Making a difference in giving someone an education is a good thing .... I was thinking it's a bit like if you give a man a fish, you feed him for a day, if you teach a man to fish, you feed him for a lifetime. So if you give someone an education, you give them choices in life. Good luck Lisa and lets know how you are going. Lots of Love xoxo

Kylie said...

I love that, Change for Change jar! Awesome idea and the scholarship thing is cool. Thanks for sharing. Good luck with it.

Catherine said...

I love The Shine Project!! Ashley is such an incredible inspiration. Good for you for helping her cause!!

Unknown said...

Good for you! I'm totally going to do this when I'm back in the states. :) Thanks for introducing yourself on my blog, I've already been following you for quite a while :)

Roots, Wings, and Other Things.
Enter My Shabby Apple Giveaway While There's Still time!

Dree said...

This is such a wonderful cause! How fantastic that you are helping with it, too!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...